The Association is a group of local people, working to improve the quality of life for everyone in the area.
We organise and get involved in activities and events that will improve the well-being, community spirit and facilities for local residents. We do this by sponsoring, encouraging and supporting local people and working with various organisations. Sometimes it is also possible to help raise finance for projects. This has included specific activities to support young people and older residents.
We support residents in a variety of ways including:
- acting as a voice for local residents who advise of their concerns and/or who can see opportunities for community action.
- liaising very closely with local authority representatives, who regularly attend our meetings.
- regular monitoring of local services. We make regular representations to the relevant authorities.
- we have a close link with both District and Town Councils, having both Town and District Councillors as committee members.
- organising local events and promoting activity in and around the area.
We are always keen new residents and groups to get in touch. So whether you just after a bit more information to be better informed or if you have ideas about how we can make our neighbourhood a better place, please get in touch.
We'd also love to hear from you if you just want to help out but don't necessarily have specific ideas. Your support and input will be greatly welcomed. And you're more than welcome to just sit and listen if you want to get a better idea of what is going on.
The assocation has regular meetings on the first Thursday of each month and all residents are welcome to attend. For more information about coming to a meeting click here.
You can also keep in touch with local information and activities via our facebook page. You can view the latest posts on the home page or by liking our page at www.facebook.com/asheridgevale
The association also organises community events and contributes to wider Chesham town and district activities. We are always keen for people to come forward and volunteer or propose activities that will help benefit local people. You may be involved in another local group to which the association can help support.
Copyright © AVLCA All Rights Reserved.